Pacific Galleries is one of the most successful Mall shopping centers in Argentina. It was declared a National Historic Monument for its architecture of undeniable artistic value and its impressive murals.
Located in Florida and Córdoba, one of the most traditional corners of the City of Buenos Aires, Galerias Pacifico receives monthly more than 900,000 people of a high socioeconomic and cultural level.
It has an area of 11,000 m2 and more than 150 stores and stands of leading brands, in addition to a food court with more than 18 different gastronomic proposals among which, around noon, around 8,000 people choose.
These and other reasons make Galerías Pacífico an ideal place to visit, admire and buy.
In the manner of Bon Marché in Paris, at the end of the 19th century, Francisco Seeber and Emilio Bunge created the Bon Marché Argentino. A place that would offer the latest expressions of world fashion. Thus an imposing architectural work was born, with crisscrossed streets, glass vaults and a spacious and elegant central dome.
After the economic crisis of 1890, in 1908, a construction sector was sold to the Buenos Aires railroad to the Pacific. In 1945 the architects Jorge Aslan and Héctor Ezcurra planned the remodeling of the building, separating the shops gallery from the railway offices and including the murals in the central dome.
In 1989, the building was declared a National Historic Landmark.
Subsequently, it was delivered to Galerías Pacífico S.A. and on May 18, 1992 the magnificent Commercial and Cultural Center was inaugurated, thus initiating the most flourishing stage of that secular and dreamed Bon Marché Argentino.